While our meditation classes and group sessions in San Diego are on hold, we would like to share with you some inspiration and guidance for learning to meditate on your own. Starting an effective meditation routine requires a small commitment of time and effort but offers great rewards: inner peace, focus, inspiration, joy, hope, confidence and energy. The benefits of meditation can also carry over to your interactions with family, friends, and co-workers. The calm, positive outlook achieved through a regular meditation practice is especially valuable during times of high stress or uncertainty. We encourage to give it a try!
Here are some sources of inspiration and advice for self-study meditation:
- Meditation Home Study: A four-week course organized by Sri Chinmoy’s students
- Meditation: Man Perfection in God Satisfaction: This comprehensive guide written by Sri Chinmoy takes you from the first stages of concentration and meditation through the advanced practice of contemplation–and is full of practical questions and answers.
- Meditation: A comprehensive guide to starting and maintaining a meditation practice
- Meditation Podcast: Follow a simple visualization exercise focusing on the vastness of the sky.
- Flute Music for Meditation: Listen to the classic collection of meditative flute performances by Sri Chinmoy.
- Radio Sri Chinmoy: A vast and ever-changing collection of meditative music and spoken word (featuring both Sri Chinmoy and his students)
- Manage Your Worries and Anxieties: Bring to the fore an inner sense of calm and poise with an inspiring visualization exercise focusing on the beauty and vastness of the ocean.
- Simple Do’s and Don’ts for Meditation: Some practical advice for starting your meditation routine
- Building Your Meditation Practice: Tips to help you establish a daily meditation practice no matter how your life
With practice and persistence, anybody can learn meditation–and experience the multitude of practical and spiritual benefits. We hope you will find these resources helpful, and we look forward to offering you support and community through group meditation classes once they resume.